This Week in CCOIC News
In the Chester County OIC newsletter this week you will find information on career development workshops, job openings, learning opportunities, virtual recruiting events, a financial stability center, the economic transition grant, and COVID-19 vaccine pre-registration in Chester County and Delaware County.
We are currently accepting new students for our free GED and ESL programs. Bring a friend! For more information, please contact me at (484) 905-4479 or Maryann Stravous at (610) 235-4588 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKSHOPS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- The PA CareerLink in Chester County is offering professional development workshops this week. Please see the details below. Register at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/ or contact them at 610-280-1031.
Ace the Interview Workshop on Tuesday, February 9th at 1 p.m.
Job Search Strategies During A Pandemic Workshop on Tuesday, February 9th at 6 p.m.
Market Yourself Workshop on Wednesday, February 10th at 10 a.m.
Start Small, Save Big! Workshop on Wednesday, February 10th at 12 p.m.
Microsoft Excel 2 Workshop on Wednesday, February 10th at 1 p.m.
Conflict Resolution Workshop on Thursday, February 11th at 10 a.m.
Unemployment Compensation Workshop on Friday, February 12th at 11 a.m.
- The PA Career Link is hosting a 3-week Virtual Manufacturing Training Boot Camp starting on February 15, 2021 to prepare individuals to gain and retain employment in the Manufacturing Industry. Applications accepted until February 12th. Call today at 610-280-1062 or email email@example.com.
- If you would like to practice English in a fun atmosphere, you can join the OIC Virtual English Conversation Group.Groups are held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday evening of the month from 7-8 p.m. Participation in the group is free. Register at: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7165783. Please see the dates and registration links below:
February 17th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327164
March 3rd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327165
March 17th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327166
- Krapf Bus is having a virtual recruiting event for Bus Drivers and a Hiring Coordinator in West Chester and Great Valley locations. The starting wage is $17 to $20/hour. For more information, please check The PA Career Link website at https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/JobSeeker/EventsManagement/EventDetails.aspx?Y6vULn7cFgrmry1eHt7@2IdthoWeGcm2l3u11H4PQMI-JMUEf@d6rIbDTQLQSAu_2ym9bjOIQgIXDH0mdFqJFY7syPDIE9f_
- The Paoli Vetcare is hiring a receptionist. Apply here: https://www.paolivet.com/veterinary-jobs/veterinary-receptionist-job/
- Whole Foods Market is hiring a Seasonal In Store Shopper starting at $15/hour in Wayne, PA. Apply here: https://careers.wholefoodsmarket.com/global/en/job/Req-20210201225/Seasonal-In-Store-Shopper-Starting-at-15-per-hour?source=Indeed&utm_source=indeed
- Need Help connecting to job opportunities? Call the PA Career Link at 610-280-1010 and ask to speak with a Career Advisor.
- If you need help writing your resume, developing your interviewing skills, or finding references to prepare you for any of the listed positions, please call us at 610-692-2344 and press 0 for the receptionist.
- The PA CareerLink in Chester County offers a wide range of job training, education, and employment services. For a list of services and more information, please see the flyer attached or check the website at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/
- The United Way Financial Stability Center provides service navigators and coaches to help you clarify your financial goals, provide support and connect you to a set of services to achieve your goals. They offer free tax preparation, assistance accessing workplace and public benefits, among other services. For a list of services and more information, please see the flyer attached or call 610-280-1023 for a free appointment.
- If you have been laid off, the Economic Transition Grant might help you. It provides money for training and funds to cover housing, food, transportation, childcare, and more. For more information, please check the flyer attached or contact Chante Allen at (610) 280-1032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, please check the Chester County website to see if you are eligible. https://www.chesco.org/4822/COVID19Vaccine