Position: Case Manager
Responsible to: Director of Workforce Reintegration Program
Hours: 20 Hours per week
Department: Workforce Reintegration
Location: Coatesville, PA 19320
OIC is a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valued job training, life skills, digital literacy, GED preparation, and employment placement.
For more information:
Manager of Workforce Reintegration Programs
Opportunities Industrialization Center Inc. at Chester County
(22 N. 5th Avenue Coatesville, PA 19320)
This position is responsible for developing, monitoring and updating the Case Plans of individuals in the SOAR ( Skills, Opportunity, Achievement, Responsibility) Re-entry Program. The incumbent duties require close coordination, collaboration, tracking and monitoring of participants to ensure compliance with their service plans. Responsibilities also include working closely with partner agencies to ensure program participants are engaged and supported in services that include employment/training, educational attainment, and other supportive services. The role responsibility includes an emphasis on follow-up and cooperating with the employment specialists to track, verify and report on employment post-program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Service a caseload of 25-30 active participants, all of which will be justice involved young adults.
- Provide individual case management sessions with all clients at regularly scheduled intervals.
- Conducts initial screening to determine the level of service and support needed.
- Develop individual case plans for all clients that identify barriers to successful reentry.
- Document all client contact and progress, including time and date, type of contact, outcome and plan of action.
- Provide or broker services to holistically address clients’ needs.
- Provide regular updates to the Program Manager.
- Attends program and agency related meetings and conferences.
- Works closely with the program funder in the collection of data, report writing and follow-up.
- Be innovative in enrollment and recruitment approach
- Conduct in-person and virtual workshops
- Adjust to program needs within the company’s Covid-19 policies and restriction—this includes working on site and virtually as needed
- Assist Employment Specialists in creation and execution of Training Schedules for participants
- Others duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines, and within budget constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Ability to conduct research and apply research to practice
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the Justice System and/or community resources with demonstrated experience working with justice involved young adults.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrate ability to inspire community participation and build coalitions.
- Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet and spreadsheets.
- Must have strong administrative and organizational skills*
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.*
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
- 2-3 years experience in delivering case management services
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, from ex-offenders to public officials
- Knowledge of criminal justice system and/or experience with ex-offenders is preferred.
- Ability to travel within city and surrounding communities. Select national travel also possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW), Psychology, Counseling, Criminology or a relate social/behavioral science field.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) provides distinct advantage
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulatory standards. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect and manage data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
- Computer Skills: Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database usage
- Communication/Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Technical skills**