Finance/Human Resource Manager Full-Time (40) hours per week)
The Finance/HR Manager is a strategic thought-partner, who reports to the President & CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager of the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources/employee benefits/compensation, and IT).
The Finance/HR Manager plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Chester County OIC continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
• Analyze and prepare financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; gather financial reporting materials, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Prepare and oversee annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President & CEO and outside accountants; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Implement a contracts and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Recommend updates of any necessary business policies and accounting practices.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the CEO, Treasurer and board of directors.
• Enter deposit information in QuickBooks and deposit checks
• Enter approved vendor bills in QuickBooks and generate electronic payments or checks for the authorized signer
• Attach supporting documentation for vendor bills and deposits into QB.
• Calculate and process payroll using ADP.
Human Resource Management
• Perform human resources tasks.
• Oversee the 1099 reporting function.
• Prepare payroll and issues bi-weekly paychecks. Processes employee requests for company-offered benefits by determining deduction amount.
• Serve as the primary contact for all managers and employees as pertaining to human resources. Lead HR hiring process, employee relations, and general HR practices. Ensure employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards of a superior workforce.
• Prepare new hire documentation, ensuring all hiring protocol is completed.
• Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Responsible for handling all unemployment, workers compensation, safety, and payroll inquiries & processes.
• Perform any other duties or projects assigned.
• Minimum of a B.A. or B.S., ideally in a finance or business-related degree
• At least 5 years of professional experience including broad financial and operations management experience
• Experience with QuickBooks and Excel
• The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a non-profit organization or a significant program area of a large non-profit
• Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
• A track record in grants management
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Chester County OIC This is a full-time position -- 40 hours per week.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Joyce Chester at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the supervision of the President & CEO and the Nurse Aide Training Program Director/Primary Instructor, the Assistant Clinical Instructor is responsible to assist the Program Director/Primary Instructor in the implementation and evaluation of the NATCEP.
The Assistant Clinical Instructor assists the Primary Instructor in teaching individuals to perform competently in the delivery of safe and effective resident care. The Assistant Clinical Instructor assists the Primary Instructor in classroom theory, lab skills training and at the clinical site. The Assistant Clinical Instructor is supervised by the Primary Instructor.
The Assistant Clinical Instructor will contribute to ensuring the integrity of the facility and program. The Assistant Clinical Instructor will maintain the lab, supplies and participate in the program review. The Assistant Clinical Instructor will participate in the PDE-BCTE on-site monitoring review. Along with the Primary Instructor, the Assistant Instructor will assist the Program Director in preparation and coordination of the State Competency Exam according to the guidelines for on-site testing.
• Carry out the Nurse Aide Program according to CC-OIC philosophy and policy, PDE and OBRA regulations.
• Assist to plan, implement and update programs for NATCEP with approval from the Program Director.
• Provide oversight of supplies and facility as needed to accomplish the objectives of the classroom and clinical experience.
• Provide instruction for all NATCEP trainees. Instruct, supervise and evaluate students in the classroom and clinical areas. Teach up to 49% of the program. Monitor and evaluate the clinical experience of the trainees.
• Counsel and guide trainees in job-related educational needs.
• Secure, maintain and review trainees’ class records in accordance with CCOIC and PDE regulations.
• Attend appropriate continuing education and professional development programs to maintain competency and licensing.
Additional duties and responsibilities as required by the Program Director/Primary Instructor and/or President & CEO.
• LPN with current PA license
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience of long term care experience, preferably in a leadership position
• Certificate from the Penn State Teaching the Educator Workshop
We are compliant with current Covid-19 protocols.
Interested candidates please email your resume to Tara Bream, TBream@cc-oic.org
OIC is a leading workforce development and education provider. OIC offers adult and youth populations valued job training, life skills, digital literacy, GED preparation, and employment placement.
This position is responsible for developing and monitoring the Case Plans of individuals in the Workforce Reintegration Program. The incumbent duties require close coordination, collaboration, tracking and monitoring of participants to ensure compliance with their service plans. Responsibilities also include working closely with partner agencies to ensure program participants are engaged and supported in services that include employment/training, educational attainment, and other supportive services.
Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $40,000 /year
Chester County Opportunities Industrialization Center is a non-profit community- based organization that has been meeting the needs of the economically disadvantaged individuals throughout the community.
Stay up to date on Chester County OIC programs, services and events.