This Week in CCOIC News
In the Chester County OIC newsletter this week you will find information on career development workshops, job openings, learning opportunities, virtual recruiting events, URBN hiring event in Coatesville, dental care, food pantry, clothing program, and rent relief.
We are currently accepting new students for our free GED and ESL programs. Bring a friend! For more information, please contact Maryann Stravous at (610) 235-4588 or email at email@example.com.
WORKSHOPS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
The PA CareerLink in Chester County is offering professional development workshops this week. Please see the details below. Register at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/or contact them at 610-280-1031.
– Resume Revival Workshop on Tuesday, February 2nd at 1 p.m.
– Successful Networking Workshop on Wednesday, February 3rd at 10 a.m.
– Senior Level Interview Workshop on Wednesday, February 3rd at 6 p.m.
– Writing A Cover Letter Workshop on Thursday, February 4th at 10 a.m.
– How To Use Recruiters Workshop on Friday, February 5th at 9:30 a.m.
– Linkedin Advanced Workshop on Friday, February 5th at 11:30 a.m.
– Microsoft Excel 1 Workshop on Friday, February 5th at 1:30 p.m.
If you would like to practice English in a fun atmosphere, you can join the OIC Virtual English Conversation Group. Groups are held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday evening of the month from 7-8 p.m. Participation in the group is free. Check the attached flyer for more information or register at: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7165783. Please see the dates and registration links below:
- February 3rd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327163
- February 17th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327164
- March 3rd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327165
- March 17th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327166
URBN is hosting a hiring event on Saturday, February 6th and Sunday, February 7th from 10 a.m.-1p.m. at the Benner School Building in Coatesville. Various shifts and Warehouse Associate positions available in Gap, PA. Benefits available. Once hired, URBN Outfitters will be offering FREE shuttle services to Gap from Coatesville for the newly hired workers.
Service Master is having a virtual recruiting event tomorrow, February 2nd at 10 a.m. for several positions for various Chester County locations. The wage range is $12-15/hour. For more information, please check The PA Career Link website at https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/JobSeeker/EventsManagement/EventDetails.aspx?sdc7h1O1XiUX@q7aNIOhxGs4It9UMZV2ek1usNgO4LU-OQcTOhgxpHwjEZoq1SdCu73XA2PGOWSHO6BSVHKRKGFYOSpiTXOC
Vertex Inc is having a virtual recruiting event tomorrow, February 2nd at 10 a.m for Account Executive for their Berwyn location. The wage range is $50 to $60K annual. For more information, please check The PA Career Link website at https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/JobSeeker/EventsManagement/EventDetails.aspx?qsGftAb1IFbwDq_zKuBiTXQs23535pMQHEdzh_dLVCw-yrxVXeHbLJmiEJtcmol1Riz@JeGDik9xVRcwQUd4Q7zunofYV@X1
Sonesta International is having a virtual recruiting event on Wednesday, February 3rd at 10 a.m. for Maintenance Technician for their Malvern location. The starting wage is $18/hour. For more information, please check The PA Career Link website at https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/JobSeeker/EventsManagement/EventDetails.aspx?wetHQdZOw@HGsMNYCu3FK8HXy@Li4ov61H9dvh2t90U-XEatL4pbjISxFlL2YQWp5dJbYAOpGizQW7svybqxsKVUOalztbLp
- Need Help connecting to job opportunities? Call the PA Career Link at 610-280-1010 and ask to speak with a Career Advisor.
- If you need help writing your resume, developing your interviewing skills, or finding references to prepare you for any of the listed positions, please call us at 610-692-2344 and press 0 for the receptionist.
- The LCH Dental Center of West Grove, PA provides preventative and restorative dental care for all ages. They accept Medicaid, Medicare, and uninsured patients. They evaluate everyone to determine eligibility for discounted services. They don’t turn anyone away due to inability to pay. For more information, please check the website at https://lchcommunityhealth.org/dentist/
- The Honey Brook Food Pantry provides meat items, dairy products, non-perishables, bread, and pastries to clients in need who live in the Chester County portion of Twin Valley School District. This also includes the Indian Run Community. For more information, please check the website at https://www.honeybrookfoodpantry.org/getting-help
- Wings for Success can help women with clothing for their employment needs. They are not a store and their services are free! They are located in Frazer and Kennett Square, PA. More information available on the website: https://wingsforsuccess.org/