BRANDYWINE VALLEY ACTIVE AGING
Please contact Bill Pierce, Executive Director/ Brandywine Valley Active Aging for more information at: email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director
STATUS: Part-Time Non-Exempt
It is the mission of Brandywine Valley Active Aging to provide a welcoming place where people 50 and better can socialize and enhance their ability to live fulfilling and healthy lives.
It is the expectation of Brandywine Valley Active Aging that all staff will mirror the mission of the Brandywine Valley Active Aging in the performance of their work.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of, and reporting to, the Assistant Executive Director, the Campus Assistant provides skilled administrative and clerical support to Campus staff and works collaboratively with the Campus Coordinator to ensure the successful completion of all Campus activities and services.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Desire to work with older adults and the ability to put service of others before self.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Ability to prioritize work and to appropriately delegate to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, and professionalism.
- Familiarity with computers and computer software including Microsoft Office.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and punctuality.
Attributes: Individual must exhibit enthusiasm, dependability, patience, initiative, and flexibility. Individual must be able to work as part of a team by working successfully with staff, volunteers, and participants. The individual must be open-minded and able to work with all elements of human diversity represented within the internal and external community.
The Campus Assistant must be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally, and embody the characteristics necessary to drive the mission.
- Supports front desk operations by answering and directing phone calls, greeting guests, and conducting tours.
- Ensures the accurate collection and maintenance of all pertinent client information and supports the maintenance of HIIPA compliance for the Campus.
- Coordinates the daily lunch and transportation reservations; ensures the accurate and timely completion of reservations.
- Assists the Campus Coordinator in the coordination of all activities and programs daily, weekly, and monthly, including set-up and clean-up of rooms and gathering appropriate materials.
- Ensures complete and accurate data entry of all daily, weekly, and monthly activities, programs, and services and prepares monthly reports as required.
- Assists the Information and Assistance Coordinator by screening appointment requests for program eligibility and scheduling appointments as appropriate.
- Participates in the work of the Campus Advisory Council.
- Assists in the completion of the monthly newsletter and other mailings by folding, labeling, sorting, and preparing up to 2,000 pieces.
- Maintains daily statistics by entering, reviewing, and correcting data in the Copilot database.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Campus Coordinator during any absence.
- If requested, temporarily assume the duties of absent staff.
- Other duties as may be required.
Certifications and Training:
- Maintain current adult CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
- Maintain SAGE Care Certification.
Accountability: A performance evaluation will be conducted annually for this position by the Assistant Executive Director.
Typical Schedule: Schedule will vary based on demand and may include evenings and weekends for marketing and/or special events of the organization.
25-30 hours per week unless additional hours are approved by the Assistant Executive Director.
Compensation: Hourly. $13.00 to $15.00 per hour.
Benefits: Vacation, sick, and holiday pay in accordance with current personnel policies.
I have reviewed and agree to the job description and salary guidelines for this position and I further acknowledge that this job description is not all-inclusive, but rather a guideline for the performance of the duties generally associated with this and similar positions.
Employee Signature Date
Executive Director Signature Date
Created: July 2020 – WJP
Revised January 2021 – WJP