This Week in CCOIC News
In the Chester County OIC news this week, you will find information on career development workshops, learning opportunities, job openings, virtual and in-person hiring events, a free culinary training, news and activities for ESL students, virtual conversation groups (evening and daytime), a financial stability center, how to apply for human service programs, and a food cupboard in West Chester.
WORKSHOPS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
The PA CareerLink in Chester County is offering professional development workshops this week. Please see the details below. Register at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/ or contact them at 610-280-1031.
- Finding your Fit Workshop on 7/20 at 1:30 p.m.
- Overcoming the Age Barrier Workshop on 7/20 at 6 p.m.
- Resume Revival Workshop on 7/21 at 10 a.m.
- LinkedIn for Beginners Workshop on 7/21 at 1:30 p.m.
- PA Clean Slate Workshop on 7/23 at 11 a.m.
The Chester County Food Bank is offering a 12-week Free Culinary Job training. Classes start in September 2021. Transportation or transportation stipend provided. Students receive a knife kit, chef uniform, and books and materials. To register, please call (484) 983-8409 to speak with Amy Rossman, Workforce Development Manager. For more information, please see the flyer below.
Free digital access to news and activities for ESL students. Visit the webpage www.newreaderspress.com/news-for-you-online and enter the code: 086C7A.
If you would like to practice English in a fun atmosphere, you can join the Virtual English Conversation Groups! Please see the Summer 2021 schedule below for more information:
- Evening Group: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Daytime Group: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Martin Brower is hosting a hiring event on 7/22 and 7/23 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for warehouse team members in Coatesville. To register, please access Indeed’s website at: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=job%20fair&l=Chester%20County%2C%20PA&advn=6135375356984306&vjk=a46592dc008b5cb2. For more information about Martin Brower, please check their website at: https://martinbrower.com/careers
- Reconn Utility Services is hosting a hiring event on 7/20 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Virtual and in-person interviews are available. To register, please access Indeed’s website at: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=job%20fair&l=Chester%20County%2C%20PA&advn=6135375356984306&vjk=fb27faf819c09222
- Giant is hiring in Warwick, Exton, Phoenixville, and other locations. Positions are available on Indeed: https://www.google.com/search?q=giant+career&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS917US917&sxsrf=ALeKk0245SaHWx8ybEDv_CTU_X_pCd8ONQ:1626718409361&ei=ycD1YI-9Fc2c_QaZtqnACw&oq=giant+career&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAELEDMgcIABCHAhAUMgUIABDJAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BwgjELADECc6BwgAEEcQsAM6EAguEMcBEKMCELADEMgDEEM6CgguELADEMgDEEM6BAgjECc6DQguELEDEMcBEKMCEEM6CAgAELEDEMkDOgUIABCSAzoICC4QxwEQrwE6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOg4ILhDHARCjAhCRAhCTAjoLCC4QxwEQrwEQkQI6CAgAELEDEJECOgsILhDHARCjAhCRAjoLCC4QxwEQowIQkwI6BAgAEApKBQg4EgExSgQIQRgAUOUKWIQVYOQVaAFwAngAgAHJAYgBtwaSAQU2LjEuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQ_AAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&uact=5&ibp=htl;jobs&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjijbmz3u_xAhXhTN8KHZZcDccQkd0GMAB6BAgWEAE#fpstate=tldetail&htivrt=jobs&htiq=giant+career&htidocid=_0odtEQVDBGfDUURAAAAAA%3D%3D
Need Help connecting to job opportunities? Call the PA Career Link at 610-280-1010 and ask to speak with a Career Advisor.
If you need help writing your resume, developing your interviewing skills, or finding references to prepare you for any of the listed positions, please call us at 610-692-2344 and press 0 for the receptionist.
- The United Way Financial Stability Center can help you create a more secure financial future. For a complete list of their services, please check the flyer attached or call (610)-280-1023.
- COMPASS is an online tool for Pennsylvanians who would like to apply for health and human service programs and manage benefit information. For more information or to apply, please visit the website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome
- The West Chester Food Cupboard provides a variety of fresh and nonperishable healthy food to those in need. For more information, please visit the website: https://westchesterfoodcupboard.org/