This Week in CCOIC News
In the Chester County OIC newsletter this week you will find information on career development workshops, job openings, learning opportunities, virtual job fairs, food cupboards, and a program that helps individuals enroll in health insurance, SNA10P benefits, and cash assistance.
We are currently accepting new students for our free GED and ESL programs. Bring a friend! For more information, please contact me at (484) 905-4479 or Maryann Stravous at (610) 235-4588 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKSHOPS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- The Chester County Library is hosting the Introduction to Microsoft Word Webinar. Learn the basics of Microsoft Word during this 3-part program series. The first session will be held today, January 19th, at 7:00 p.m. For more information, please check the website: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7336569
- The PA CareerLink in Chester County is offering professional development workshops this week. Please see the details below. Register at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/ or contact them at 610-280-1031.
– Ace the Interview Workshop on Wednesday, January 20th at 10 a.m.
– Resume Revival Workshop on Wednesday, January 20th at 1 p.m.
– Job Search Strategies During a Pandemic Workshop on Thursday, January 21st at 10 a.m.
– PA Clean Slate Workshop on Thursday, January 21st at 11 a.m.
– Effective Communication Skills Workshop on Friday, January 22nd at 9:30 a.m.
- If you would like to practice English in a fun atmosphere, you can join the OIC Virtual English Conversation Group. Groups are held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday evening of the month from 7-8 p.m. Participation in the group is free. Check the attached flyer for more information or register at: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7165783. Please see the dates and registration links below:
January 20th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327162
February 3rd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327163
February 17th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327164
March 3rd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327165
March 17th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7327166
- The PA Career Link is hosting a Virtual Recruitment Event with Kleinfelder tomorrow, January 20th at 10 a.m.They are recruiting a Senior Administrative Assistant for the Exton location. The wage range is $37K to $83K/annual. To register, please click here: PA CareerLink® – Event Details
- The PA Career Link is hosting a Virtual Recruitment Event with Aavalar Consulting on Thursday, January 21st at 10 a.m. They are recruiting a Full Stack Dev. and a Help Desk Manager for the Malvern location. The salary range is $60K to 90K annual. To register, please click here: PA CareerLink® – Event Details
- On the Go Kids is hiring School Van Drivers and Student Aides in Downingtown, PA. Up to $17/hour – part time. Apply here: https://onthegokids.com/employment/
- Green Lawn Fertilizing is hiring in West Chester, PA. Open positions: Customer Service Representative and Lawn Care Technician. Benefits available. Apply here: https://www.greenlawnfertilizing.com/careers/
- Need Help connecting to job opportunities? Call the PA Career Link at 610-280-1010 and ask to speak with a Career Advisor.
- If you need help writing your resume, developing your interviewing skills, or finding references to prepare you for any of the listed positions, please call us at 610-692-2344 and press 0 for the receptionist.
- The Chester County’s Maternal and Child Health Consortium helps individuals enroll in health insurance, SNAP benefits, and cash assistance. In addition, individuals can apply for Emergency Medical Assistance to cover medical expenses if they are tested or treated for COVID-19. Informational video in Spanish available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5va4R_eZs.&feature=youtu.be. For more information, please call 610-344-5370.
- The Kennett Area Community Service offers 5-7 day supply of food once a month in the Avon Grove, Unionville-Chadds Ford, and Kennett Consolidated School District to those who have household incomes at or below the Federal Poverty Level. Current Food Distribution Hours: 11am to 6pm on 1/22 and 1/29. For more information, please check the website: https://www.kacsonline.net/food-cupboard.html.
- The Phoenixville Area Community services provides several food programs for members of the community who are in need. A list of eligibility, what is included, and how often you can receive assistance is available on the website: https://pacsphx.org/food-programs/