Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania (LASP) Huricane Ida Resources
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania (LASP) is available to provide technical and legal assistance to Chester County residents impacted by Hurricane Ida. LASP staff can offer guidance on the following:
- Landlord/tenant matters
- Situations where tenants do not have a written lease
- Researching renters’ and flood insurance
- Custody concerns for displaced families
- Replacement of lost documents, including birth certificates, Social Security cards, home deeds, and similar items
Those seeking assistance from LASP must contact LASP and open a file. Individuals can call the LASP office directly at 610-436-4510 for Hurricane Ida related issues rather than going through the helpline, which will allow them to get help faster.
FEMA announced that federal disaster assistance has been made available to the commonwealth of Pennsylvania to supplement commonwealth and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by Hurricane Ida from Aug. 31 to Sept. 5, 2021.
The President’s action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia and York counties. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of Hurricane Ida.
Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties are part of FEMA’s Hurricane Ida disaster declaration:
FEMA website (LOTS here, just sending a few links)
- FEMA webpage for PA storm: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4618
- FEMA fact sheets: https://www.fema.gov/about/news-multimedia/fact-sheets
- Linked on FEMA: Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency: https://www.pema.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- Linked on FEMA: https://www.fema.gov/about/organization/region-3
- Designated areas: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4618/designated-areas
- Chester County Dept of Community Development Facebook post (9/14) Chester County Department of Community Development
- Delaware County (not current seeing an Ida webpage, but Delco is included in the disaster declaration)
- Montgomery County Ida webpage:https://montcopa.org/3878/Hurricane-Ida
- Bucks County Ida page: https://www.buckscounty.gov/1339/Hurricane-Ida-Updates
· Chester County Ida page: https://www.chesco.org/4996/Ida
Questions? Call the LASP office directly at 610-436-4510 for Hurricane Ida related issues rather than going through the helpline, which will allow them to get help faster.