Coatesville Campus Coordinator
BRANDYWINE VALLEY ACTIVE AGING
Please contact Bill Pierce, Executive Director/ Brandywine Valley Active Aging for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director
STATUS: Full-Time Non-Exempt
It is the mission of Brandywine Valley Active Aging to provide a welcoming place where people 50 and better can socialize and enhance their ability to live fulfilling and healthy lives.
It is the expectation of Brandywine Valley Active Aging that all staff will mirror the mission of the Brandywine Valley Active Aging in the performance of their work.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the guidance and supervision of the Assistant Executive Director, the Coatesville Campus Coordinator will be responsible for working in partnership with staff to successfully plan, implement, and oversee all the daily activities, programs, and services of Brandywine Valley Active Aging’s Coatesville and Virtual Campuses. The Coatesville Campus Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Downingtown Campus Coordinator and the Director of Nutrition Services to ensure organizational success.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Desire to work with older adults and the ability to put service of others before self.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Ability to prioritize work and to appropriately delegate to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, and professionalism.
- Familiarity with computers and computer software including Microsoft Office.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and punctuality.
Attributes: Individual must exhibit enthusiasm, dependability, patience, initiative, and flexibility. Individual must be able to work as part of a team by working successfully with staff, volunteers, and participants. The individual must be open-minded and able to work with all elements of human diversity represented within the internal and external community.
The Coatesville Campus Coordinator will be detail-oriented, well-groomed, act professionally, and embody the characteristics necessary to drive the mission.
Daily Campus Operations
- Coordinates the work of staff, volunteers, and instructors to ensure successful daily operations at all campuses.
- Ensures strategic goals and objectives are met by researching and proposing new activities in alignment with long-range plans.
- Ensures the successful coordination of all activities and programs daily, weekly, and monthly, including when necessary, the set-up and clean-up of rooms and gathering of appropriate materials.
- Conducts timely surveys to determine interest, identify quality improvement, and monitor strategic and programmatic outcomes.
- Ensures that all pertinent client information is obtained and maintained and manages Brandywine Valley Active Aging’s HIIPA compliance.
- Ensures complete and accurate data entry of all daily, weekly, and monthly activities, programs, and services and prepares monthly reports as required.
- Provides direct oversight of and client support with the Virtual Campus including the management of the Technology Lending Program.
- Interviews, trains, schedules, and retains, volunteers, including program participants working through Title V funded programs ensuring adequate coverage at the Coatesville Campus.
- Fosters collaboration with the Downingtown Campus Coordinator and the Director of Nutrition Services.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of the Coatesville Campus Advisory Council and when necessary, supports the Downingtown Campus Advisory Council.
- Supports the production of the monthly newsletter including but not limited to creating, editing, copying, printing, assembly, and delivery: up to 2,000 pieces.
- Timely preparation of copy highlighting center programs for local media and distribute accordingly.
- Supports Campus staff by answering and directing incoming calls, greeting guests and visitors, conducting tours, responding to member inquiries, and scheduling appointments.
- Participates as a member of the Chester County Department of Aging Services Advisory Council.
- If requested, temporarily assumes the duties and responsibilities of absent staff.
- Other duties as may be required.
Certifications and Training:
- Maintain current adult CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.
- Maintain current Chester County Food Manager certification.
- Maintain SAGE Care certification.
Accountability: A performance evaluation will be conducted annually for this position by the Assistant Executive Director.
Typical Schedule: Schedule will vary based on demand and may include evenings and weekends for marketing and/or special events of the organization.
Unless requested otherwise, the typical schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 3:30PM (35-hours per week).
Compensation: $15.00 to $17.00 per hour
Benefits: Vacation, sick, and holiday pay in accordance with current personnel policies.
I have reviewed and agree to the job description and salary guidelines for this position and I further acknowledge that this job description is not all-inclusive, but rather a guideline for the performance of the duties generally associated with this and similar positions.
Employee Signature Date
Executive Director Signature Date
Created: October 2020 – WJP
Revised: January 2021 – WJP