SOAR Workforce Reintegration Program
SOAR INTEREST/REGISTRATION FORM
Skills | Opportunities | Achievement | Responsibility
In collaboration with OIC of America and through the U.S. Department of Labor, Chester County OIC (CCOIC) offers workforce development and case management services for everyone, including young adults and adults who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
The goal of the SOAR Workforce Reintegration Program is to help people make a successful transition into the workforce by earning Industry Recognized Credentials and becoming productive, responsible, and law-abiding citizens.
Program participants are provided with the support they need to overcome many of the challenges they face. Our suite of services includes:
- Education and training such as GED, Certified Nursing Assistant and industry recognized vocational credentials (i.e. forklift, ServSafe, ).
- Identification of and assistance with removing barriers
- Case management services and referrals to partner agencies to help with personal needs
- Professional development workshops to gain skills for the workplace
- Employment and job placement services
- Resume and cover letter development, and interview skills training
- One on one skills assessment and goal setting
- Online job search and networking
- Referrals to job locator services
- Transportation and clothing assistance
- Employment readiness workshops
OIC’s national office, OIC of America, was awarded a US Department of Labor grant to serve people who have been involved in the criminal justice system in particular. Today, a select group of OIC affiliates including CCOIC are executing a national initiative named SOAR (Skills and Opportunities for Achievement & Responsibility) to promote workforce reintegration and reduce criminal activity as a direct response to mass incarceration in the U.S.
The nationwide SOAR program applies a comprehensive strategy to address a range of challenges in helping people make a successful transition back into the workforce. This program takes a surgical approach using the evidence-based Integrated Reentry and Employment Strategies (IRES) model to place participants on a sustainable career path, while working to prevent future involvement with the justice system. The model was first tested by OIC of South Florida and is now being replicated throughout the OIC network.
Aligned with our general workforce development services, the SOAR Reintegration Program equips CCOIC to help anyone achieve job readiness, regardless of their age or circumstances.
Calling All Employers in Healthcare, Hospitality, Customer Service, Culinary, Construction, and Manufacturing — Chester County OIC wants to partner with you!! We train adults for today’s workforce by providing professional development services and helping people earn Industry Recognized Credentials. Let us help you find the employees you need! Contact Javonna Wylie today for more information at email@example.com or 610-692-2344.