This Week in CCOIC News
In the Chester County OIC News this week, you will find information on career development workshops, learning opportunities, a hiring event, job openings, a free culinary training, news and activities for ESL students, a virtual conversation group, the economic transition grant, a financial stability center, and how to apply for human service programs.
WORKSHOPS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Eastern Lift Truck and Chester County OIC are offering a Forklift Training on Saturday, May 22nd from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. To apply, please call Fred Sharpe at 610-692-2344. For more information, please see the flyer attached.
The PA CareerLink in Chester County is offering professional development workshops this week. Please see the details below. Register at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/ or contact them at 610-280-1031.
-Microsoft Access 1 Workshop on 5/18 at 9:30 a.m.
-Resume Revival Workshop on 5/18 at 1 p.m.
-Job Search Strategies During a Pandemic Workshop on 5/18 at 6 p.m.
-Finding your Fit Workshop on 05/19 at 10 a.m.
-Professional Development – Life Cycle in Banking Workshop on 05/19 at 12 p.m.
-Save Like a Millionaire Workshop on 05/19 at 6 p.m.
-Overcoming the Age Barrier Workshop on 05/20 at 10 a.m.
-Microsoft Access 2 Workshop on 5/20 at 2 p.m.
-Management Level Interviewing Tips Workshop on 5/21 at 9:30 a.m.
-Microsoft Excel 4 Workshop on 5/21 at 11:30 a.m. -Branding, Elevator Speech and Changing Careers Workshop on 5/21 at 1:30 p.m
The Chester County Food Bank is offering a 12-week Free Culinary Job training. Classes start in September 2021. Transportation or transportation stipend provided. Students receive a knife kit, chef uniform, and books and materials. To register, please call (484) 983-8409 to speak with Amy Rossman, Workforce Development Manager. For more information, please check the flyer attached.
Free digital access to news and activities for ESL students. Visit the webpage www.newreaderspress.com/news-for-you-online and enter the code: 5D783C. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
If you would like to practice English in a fun atmosphere, you can join the OIC Virtual English Conversation Group.Groups are held every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 7-8 p.m. Participation in the group is free. Check the attached flyer for more information. Please see the dates and registration links below:
- May 19th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7608362
- June 2nd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7608363
- June 16th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7608364
- The PA Career Link Chester County and Hire one will be hosting a hybrid recruitment event on 5/19 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event will feature several employers in the Manufacturing and Transportation related industries. For more information, please check the flyer attached. To register, please visit the website: https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/JobSeeker/EventsManagement/EventDetails.aspx?gxg7RVckamIAEr1qIQzZy_DOnS4jdhsoOa@r5NBIL7I-xP6WAUE9cA79tHc1hdLV@Y3Ez4HxTab7gkIkRHagDoSiBxZJWEAV
- Starbucks is hiring in Exton, West Chester, Chester Springs, Paoli, Malvern, Kennett Square, and other locations. Apply here: https://www.starbucks.com/careers/find-a-job/retail
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet is hiring a seasonal sales associate in Kennett Square, PA. Apply here: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Seasonal%20Temporary&l=Coatesville%2C%20PA&vjk=ef2d14564dbecdea
Need Help connecting to job opportunities? Call the PA Career Link at 610-280-1010 and ask to speak with a Career Advisor.
If you need help writing your resume, developing your interviewing skills, or finding references to prepare you for any of the listed positions, please call us at 610-692-2344 and press 0 for the receptionist.
- The Economic Transition Grant provides money for training and funds to cover housing, food, transportation, and childcare to those who have been laid off and would like to enhance their skillset or change career paths. For more information, please check the flyer attached or contact Chante Allen at (610) 280-1032.
- The United Way Financial Stability Center can help you create a more secure financial future. For a complete list of their services, please check the flyer attached or call (610)-280-1023.
- COMPASS is an online tool for Pennsylvanians who would like to apply for health and human service programs and manage benefit information. For more information or to apply, please visit the website: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome