This Week in CCOIC News
In the Chester County OIC News this week, you will find information on career development workshops, learning opportunities, hiring events, job openings, a free culinary training, news and activities for ESL students, a virtual conversation group, free dinner for dads, health care information, a rent relief program, and an organization that builds and sells homes to low-income families and individuals who live or work in Chester County.
WORKSHOPS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Eastern Lift Truck and Chester County OIC are offering a Forklift Training on Saturday, May 22nd from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. To apply, please call Fred Sharpe at 610-692-2344. For more information, please see the flyer attached.
The PA CareerLink in Chester County is offering professional development workshops this week. Please see the details below. Register at https://www.pacareerlinkchesco.org/ or contact them at 610-280-1031.
– Making your Money Work: How the Financial Stability Center Can Assist You’ Workshop on 5/11 at 11 a.m.
– Writing a Cover Letter Workshop on 5/11 at 1 p.m.
– Overcoming the Age Barrier Workshop on 5/11 at 6 p.m.
– Assessment and Personality Tests Workshop on 05/12 at 10 a.m.
– Learning Management Systems (LMS) Workshop on 05/12 at 11:30 a.m.
– Microsoft Excel 2 Workshop on 05/12 at 1:30 p.m.
– Financing your First Home Workshop on 05/12 at 6 p.m.
– Ace the Interview Workshop on 5/13 at 10 a.m.
– Working and Interviewing Remotely Workshop on 5/13 at 4:30 p.m.
The Chester County Food Bank is offering a 12-week Free Culinary Job training. Classes start in September 2021. Transportation or transportation stipend provided. Students receive a knife kit, chef uniform, and books and materials. To register, please call (484) 983-8409 to speak with Amy Rossman, Workforce Development Manager. For more information, please check the flyer attached.
Free digital access to news and activities for ESL students. Visit the webpage www.newreaderspress.com/news-for-you-online and enter the code: 5D783C. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
If you would like to practice English in a fun atmosphere, you can join the OIC Virtual English Conversation Group.Groups are held every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 7-8 p.m. Participation in the group is free. Check the attached flyer for more information. Please see the dates and registration links below:
- May 19th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7608362
- June 2nd: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7608363
- June 16th: https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7608364
T-mobile is hosting a virtual job fair from Monday, May 10th – Friday, May 14th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through Google Meets. They are looking for Retail Sales Mobile Associates (bilingual associates as well). It is a full time position and the days of the week may vary. You must be available to work nights, holidays, and weekends. Use this link to apply: https://www.simplyhired.com/job/0wtoogpLxaQqeor6SycMve0CwQ-id_9A33wFqSvv9rxAm1M2CdMPcA
Krapf School Bus is having a recruiting fair in Glenmoore, PA, on 5/15 from 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for school bus drivers. They are offering a $1,000 new hire sign on bonus. Free shuttle provided to and from Coatesville. Apply now at www.krapfbus.com. For more information, please check the flyer attached or call (484) 999-2051.
The Recovery Centers of America located in Devon, PA, is hosting a hiring event on Thursday, 05/13 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. They are interviewing for receptionists, drivers, facilities technician, and other positions. For more information and to apply, please check Indeed’s website at https://www.indeed.com/q-Hiring-Fair-l-West-Chester,-PA-jobs.html?advn=6135375356984306&vjk=8148f3997ea00e92
Need Help connecting to job opportunities? Call the PA Career Link at 610-280-1010 and ask to speak with a Career Advisor.
If you need help writing your resume, developing your interviewing skills, or finding references to prepare you for any of the listed positions, please call us at 610-692-2344 and press 0 for the receptionist.
Chester County Women’s Services is partnering with the CYWA to offer a FREE Dinner for Dads night on Monday, 5/10 at 6 p.m. Dads will learn parenting skills while earning free supplies for their children. To register, please call 610-383-0930. For more information, please check the flyer attached.
- Rent Relief Program for Chester County Residents – CALL 2-1-1./ Programa de asistencia para la renta para los residentes del Condado de Chester – Llame al 2-1-1.
- The Chester County Library System is offering the Medicare 101 workshop today, May 10th at 6 p.m. to those who will be joining Medicare soon, are already in the Medicare system, and/or have questions about Medicare. They will also cover the types of health care insurance available in Chester County. Registration is required. For more information and to register, please access the website https://ccls.libcal.com/event/7275828
- Habitat for Humanity of Chester County works in partnership with volunteers, donors, and the Chester County community to build homes for low-income families. Habitat homes are not free. They offer two different homeownership opportunities that require applicants to help build their homes. They currently have two developments: one in Coatesville and one in West Grove. For more information about their current developments, please check the website: https://hfhcc.org/homeownership/