Chester County OIC Coronavirus Update – March 13, 2020
Pennsylvania Schools to close beginning Friday, March 13 and reopen Monday, March. 30. Chester County OIC (CCOIC) will be closed during this time as well, with plans to open back to full service no later than April 6. All workshops and events at CCOIC have been suspended. We are closely monitoring information shared by the Chester County Health Department about COVID-19 and will keep you posted.
What to do if you have questions or need assistance during this time…
- If you are a SOAR participant, please call either Donna McFadden or Fred Sharpe at 610-692-2344 before coming to the building.
- If you are in English class or GED prep class, please call Karen Newman at 610-692-2344 before coming to class.
- All other calls should be directed to Margaret Hamilton at 610-692-2344.
We will assess, confirm or adjust return dates for students and staff, respectively, on Wednesday, March 25. For now, please continue to follow the following health and safety measures:
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
At CCOIC, health and wellness are at the core of our values, and we understand how concerning this is to all of us. We are committed to doing everything within our control to ensure the health and safety of our employees and all who receive our services. We are actively monitoring this situation and will continue to update you with new information that may have an impact on our community.
For more information on COVID-19, Chester County’s Health Department’s website is the most accurate and up-to-date resource for facts related to our area, go to:
Best Wishes and Wellness,