CNA Class information
- Classes are held Mondays through Thursdays from 8:30AM-3:30PM for the first 3 weeks of class. The remaining weeks are devoted to employability and practice exam with a variable schedules. Practice sessions with employability workshops are held Monday through Thursday by group assignment: 8-11AM or 11:30AM-2PM daily until the exam day (approximately 4 weeks).
- There are mandatory attendance days during the classroom theory and clinical experience. These days are the first, second, third, ninth and tenth instructional days of the class. No lateness or absence is permitted during the eight days of Clinical Experience. Students must complete the total of 128 hours to receive a “Certificate of Completion” and be eligible to take the NNAAP exam. In the event time is missed for an emergency, it will be the student’s responsibility to meet with the instructor to make-up any missed time. No one will be allowed more than 14 hours of make-up time for the entire 10 week instructional period.
- For the first 4 weeks of class: Business casual clothing or scrubs. No jeans or leggings are permitted.
- For the next 5 weeks of training: Purchase navy bluescrubs, non-skid shoes, and a watch with a sweep second hand. During class orientation, information will be given regarding the purchase of navy blue scrubs.
- For graduation and NNAAP exam and Job Fair-CCOIC uniform (Navy blue scrubs, non-skid shoes or sneakers and socks and watch with sweep second hand.
- Practice days: Scrubs (uniform or any type of scrubs)